This creamy and decadent New York style cheesecake will satisfy your sweet tooth and provide a healthy dose of CBD. The combination of vanilla, cinnamon and coconut flavors with a velvety texture make this raw, vegan recipe an easy win. This cake yields 8 servings and contains 20-30mg of CBD per slice.
1 1/2 cups oat flour (use certified gluten-free if needed)
4 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or agave
3 tablespoons melted liquid coconut butter (not coconut oil)
1 1/2 tablespoons apple juice or water
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup melted liquid coconut butter (not coconut oil)
3/4 cup coconut milk (use canned low fat/light coconut milk for less calories)
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or agave, room temp
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 - 1/2 ounce CBD oil
1. First, prepare the crust by adding the oats to a food processor (or use store bought oat flour) and process into a fine flour. I add 2 cups of oats and process for 2 minutes until it is finely ground. Measure out 1 1/2 cups and add to a bowl.
2. Add the remaining crust ingredients and stir until a crumbly, wet texture forms. Line an 8 inch cake pan with plastic wrap, with it hanging over the sides. You can spray the pan first with non-stick spray and the plastic wrap will hold in place. (8 inch is best for a taller cake) Press the dough into the bottom of the lined cake pan, evenly and flat around to the edges. Place in the fridge.
3. To prepare the cake filling, melt your coconut butter (not oil) to a complete liquid if it is hardened. It's important that it is a runny liquid when measuring, so the right texture is achieved. I just melt mine in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and heat again for a few seconds at a time until completely smooth. Be careful about overheating it or it can burn. You just want to make sure it is a runny, smooth liquid. Do not heat up over the stove. Make sure to measure it out at 1 cup after melted. Set aside.
4. In a food processor, add the milk, syrup, lemon juice, vanilla & CBD oil and blend until smooth. Add the cinnamon & salt. Now, pour in the melted coconut butter and blend until completely smooth and it becomes a thick, cake-like batter. Pour the batter into the prepared crust and place in the fridge to completely set, about 1-2 hours should do it.
5. Once set, just pull the cake out with the plastic wrap and slice. Top with coconut cream, cinnamon and strawberries, if desired. Keep cake stored in the fridge covered and it will retain the perfect shape that way.